The Best Little Black Travel Dresses
Searching for the perfect little black dress for travel? You’re not alone! We’ve scoured our favorite stores for the best examples of this versatile travel dress, with picks for every budget. Here’s the best little black travel dresses for 2019:
The Best Little Black Dresses for Travel:
- Travelers Classic Dress • $99
- LOVEAPPELLA Maxi Dress • Loveappella • $68
- Theory Ruched Tie Travel Midi Dress • Theory • $176.98
- Norma Kamali Go Travel 3-Piece Pack Set, Black • Norma Kamali • $285
- Travelers Classic V-Neck Dress • $42.49–44.99
- Easy Travel Suiting Sheath Dress • Talbots • $119.25
- Royal Robbins Spotless Traveler Tank Dress • Royal Robbins • Sold Out
- Tribal Pack and Go Travel Jersey Sleeveless Side Knot Detail Dress Women’s Dress • Tribal • $55.99
- Lafayette 148 New York Cold-Shoulder Faux-Wrap Dress • Lafayette 148 New York • $315
- Rails Hana Dress • Rails • $248
- Lilla P Short Sleeve Dress Women’s Dress • Lilla P • $47.40
- Travelers Classic Petite Asymmetrical Hem Dress • $99
- Ann Taylor Petite Pointelle Flounce Sweater Dress • Ann Taylor • $129
- Zac Posen ZAC Zac Posen Eugenie Sweater Dress • Zac Posen • $525
- ExOfficio Wanderlux Tulipa Dress Women’s Dress • Exofficio • $29.99
- LEMAIRE 3/4 length dresses • Lemaire • $185
- Vince Ribbed Sweater Dress • Vince • $375
- Theory Cashmere Sweater Dress – 100% Exclusive • Theory • $495
What’s the best fabric for a travel dress?
Generally synthetic fabrics make the best travel dresses, because they’re wrinkle and stain resistant. However, knit and sweater dresses from natural or synthetic fibers are amazing for travel in colder climates. Sweater dresses look chic, will keep you warm and cozy, and won’t wrinkle. Wool and cashmere are also naturally stain and water resistant (I mean, we’re talking small spills, not rainstorms).
What’s the best way to pack my travel dress?
I find that folding the sleeves (if any) over the body of the dress, then carefully rolling the dress into a smooth, compact bundle is the best way to avoid wrinkled clothing when you arrive. Many travel dresses are wrinkle resistant, but even the best designed travel dresses can wrinkle if you pack poorly, so careful packing is still necessary! If you do arrive with wrinkled/ creased clothing, you can often ease out the wrinkles by hanging the item in the bathroom while you take a nice hot, foggy shower.
How many travel dresses should I pack? How long can I stretch one dress over the course of a 5 (or 7, or 14!) day trip?
There’s multiple things to consider here. The first is keeping you smelling fresh! You’ll be able to pack lighter if you’re able to wash items on the road, so be sure to take a look at our ideas for doing laundry while traveling, and also consider booking an Airbnb or other vacation rental with on site laundry facilities.
You should also think about how versatile your travel dresses (and other clothing) are. I don’t necessarily mind being seen wearing the same couple of outfits all the time, but I do make sure to plan for weather and local customs. A longer dress might be more comfortable when the weather turns cooler in the evening, and when combined with a lightweight cardigan, satisfy requirements to be covered up when visiting historic churches.